I have a thing for blush anything. It pretty much is my new favorite color. It pairs great with anything and everything & I love how feminine I feel when I wear it.
Spring weather has arrived in DC (for the most part!) & I am slowly trying to branch out and part with my winter neutrals. I wasn't sure how I felt about the seersucker blazer + this black sleeveless blouse until after I paired it with these sleek black leggings & OTK boots. Everything just managed to come together perfectly after putting it together & I love this simple but chic look.
This post is sponsored by Banana Republic. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help Let It Be Beautiful shine.
Last week I was tagged by one of my best friends, Faith to do the AM|PM Routine Tag. Honestly, I am so bad about doing these tags & I am trying to get better about them. I have a couple others in the works & plan on getting them up soon. In other news, read on to see what my AM|PM routine is.
1. What is your morning beauty routine? My morning beauty routine isn't really set in stone ATM. I am still trying to find the right niche for keeping my skin healthy. But lately, I have been using the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser in the morning, which leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I follow with the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream which is super hydrating and the Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-puffing Eye Balm, which helps give my eyes some life. Some mornings I try to do a face mask, but not all the time. Right now I am loving the Glossier Moon Mask + Mega Greens Mask.
2. What's for breakfast? I am not a huge coffee drinker or breakfast person. I know, I know ... who am I? If I have time to pick up a coffee or dirty chai from starbucks or a local coffee shop I am down, but I am not the girl that has to have her coffee in order to function. Breaskfast really is the most important part of the day, but I seem to never have alot of time in the mornings to make anything. My typical breakfast item on days that I have to be at work early is a breakfast bar that I grab on my way out. For awhile, I was doing protein shakes on my way to work but I haven't had one in a while.
3. Coffee or tea? Lately, I have been loving ice tea. Like I can't get enough of the starbucks black + green tea, which I half/half with peach. SO tasty & it gives me the extra umph of caffeine that I need some days.
4. How long does it take to get out the door? Sometimes I can be out the door in 20 minutes, other days it takes me an average of 40-45 minutes. Days where I have second/third day hair it takes less time to get ready because I don't have to shower/dry/straighten/curl my hair. I use to never be a second/third day hair person but over the last 6 months I love not having to wash my hair every day & my hair functions so much better because of it.
5. What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss-free morning? I start with Becca Backlight Priming Filter, Dior's NudeSkin BB Cream and my favorite concealer, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye (same as Faith's! ha!). I'll add a little bronzer to my cheeks using NARS Laguna & hint of highlighter which is typically the Diorskin Nude Air Glowing Gardens 'Glowing Nude' or Charlotte Tilbury Bronze + Glow. Last but not least, I load my lashes with Diorshow 3D Lash Maximizer Primer + my favorite mascara, which at the moment is YSL Shocking or Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir.
6. What is your evening beauty routine? Lately, I have been using the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser in the shower in the evening, as it lathers up nicely and smells amazing. Sometimes if I am lazy I remove my make up with Target's Up & Up Cleansing Face Wipes (they are the bomb.com). If my skin needs a little refresh I use Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate. Face masks are one of my favorite things to do & there are bunch that I just can't live without. Current favorites: Glossier's Mega Greens Galaxy Mask, Glossier's Moisturizing Moon Mask, TULU Exfoliating Treatment Mask. I also loving doing masks while I sleep and I am currently loving the Elizabeth Arden Overnight Firming Mask or The Body Shop Intensely Revitalizing Sleep Cream.
7. Snack time! What's in the bowl? I have a sweet tooth, but I can't tell you the last time I had ice cream at home or even ate cereal. One of N + my favorite things to eat for snack at night is Popcorn with Olive Oil + Sea Salt. This stuff is amazing that we sometimes have two bags.
8. How do you wind down and prep for bed? I am the absolutely worst when it comes time to get ready for bed. I am the girl that wants to start cleaning at 11 o'clock at night. N will come upstairs & look at me like I am crazy because I am sitting on the bathroom floor purging makeup or doing laundry. If I have time I like to catch up blogs, watch youtube videos, read my Bible or finish up a book that I might be reading. Every evening is a little different for me because it is also when N + I spend the most time together catching up on our favorite shows.
9. Cozy up! What are you wearing to sleep? I have always been a PJ girl. I love cotton pjs + silky/satin pjs, as well as throwing on one of N's oversized tshirts. It is usually whatever I grab.
10. What are some things you must do before hitting in the hay? I have like 12 alarms set on my phone ... it is REALLY sad. I make sure that my phone is plugged in and charging & that I know what time I have to be in the office, as it changes on a daily basis. I have also been using the Nuxe-Rêve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm which gives my lips a little bit of extra love while I sleep & prevents them from getting chapped in the middle of the night.
Below are all of the products I mentioned using & now, I tag the following people!