Last week I was tagged by one of my best friends, Faith to do the AM|PM Routine Tag. Honestly, I am so bad about doing these tags & I am trying to get better about them. I have a couple others in the works & plan on getting them up soon. In other news, read on to see what my AM|PM routine is.
1. What is your morning beauty routine? My morning beauty routine isn't really set in stone ATM. I am still trying to find the right niche for keeping my skin healthy. But lately, I have been using the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser in the morning, which leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I follow with the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream which is super hydrating and the Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-puffing Eye Balm, which helps give my eyes some life. Some mornings I try to do a face mask, but not all the time. Right now I am loving the Glossier Moon Mask + Mega Greens Mask.
2. What's for breakfast? I am not a huge coffee drinker or breakfast person. I know, I know ... who am I? If I have time to pick up a coffee or dirty chai from starbucks or a local coffee shop I am down, but I am not the girl that has to have her coffee in order to function. Breaskfast really is the most important part of the day, but I seem to never have alot of time in the mornings to make anything. My typical breakfast item on days that I have to be at work early is a breakfast bar that I grab on my way out. For awhile, I was doing protein shakes on my way to work but I haven't had one in a while.
3. Coffee or tea? Lately, I have been loving ice tea. Like I can't get enough of the starbucks black + green tea, which I half/half with peach. SO tasty & it gives me the extra umph of caffeine that I need some days.
4. How long does it take to get out the door? Sometimes I can be out the door in 20 minutes, other days it takes me an average of 40-45 minutes. Days where I have second/third day hair it takes less time to get ready because I don't have to shower/dry/straighten/curl my hair. I use to never be a second/third day hair person but over the last 6 months I love not having to wash my hair every day & my hair functions so much better because of it.
5. What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss-free morning? I start with Becca Backlight Priming Filter, Dior's NudeSkin BB Cream and my favorite concealer, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye (same as Faith's! ha!). I'll add a little bronzer to my cheeks using NARS Laguna & hint of highlighter which is typically the Diorskin Nude Air Glowing Gardens 'Glowing Nude' or Charlotte Tilbury Bronze + Glow. Last but not least, I load my lashes with Diorshow 3D Lash Maximizer Primer + my favorite mascara, which at the moment is YSL Shocking or Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir.
6. What is your evening beauty routine? Lately, I have been using the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser in the shower in the evening, as it lathers up nicely and smells amazing. Sometimes if I am lazy I remove my make up with Target's Up & Up Cleansing Face Wipes (they are the bomb.com). If my skin needs a little refresh I use Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate. Face masks are one of my favorite things to do & there are bunch that I just can't live without. Current favorites: Glossier's Mega Greens Galaxy Mask, Glossier's Moisturizing Moon Mask, TULU Exfoliating Treatment Mask. I also loving doing masks while I sleep and I am currently loving the Elizabeth Arden Overnight Firming Mask or The Body Shop Intensely Revitalizing Sleep Cream.
7. Snack time! What's in the bowl? I have a sweet tooth, but I can't tell you the last time I had ice cream at home or even ate cereal. One of N + my favorite things to eat for snack at night is Popcorn with Olive Oil + Sea Salt. This stuff is amazing that we sometimes have two bags.
8. How do you wind down and prep for bed? I am the absolutely worst when it comes time to get ready for bed. I am the girl that wants to start cleaning at 11 o'clock at night. N will come upstairs & look at me like I am crazy because I am sitting on the bathroom floor purging makeup or doing laundry. If I have time I like to catch up blogs, watch youtube videos, read my Bible or finish up a book that I might be reading. Every evening is a little different for me because it is also when N + I spend the most time together catching up on our favorite shows.
9. Cozy up! What are you wearing to sleep? I have always been a PJ girl. I love cotton pjs + silky/satin pjs, as well as throwing on one of N's oversized tshirts. It is usually whatever I grab.
10. What are some things you must do before hitting in the hay? I have like 12 alarms set on my phone ... it is REALLY sad. I make sure that my phone is plugged in and charging & that I know what time I have to be in the office, as it changes on a daily basis. I have also been using the Nuxe-Rêve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm which gives my lips a little bit of extra love while I sleep & prevents them from getting chapped in the middle of the night.
Below are all of the products I mentioned using & now, I tag the following people!