As you all know, I love a good bottle of wine. Last year, I had the opportunity to partner with Garnacha and recently they sent me some new bottles of wine to enjoy in honor of Garnacha Day which was on September 15th. Garnacha wines are absolutely delicious and their versatility makes them easy to pair with absolutely anything.
To give you a little back ground about Garnacha: Garnacha originated in eastern Spain during the 12-17th centuries and has recently developed a wide variety of wines over the last 20 years that are mixed with modern + old traditions. Garnacha is actually a grape and its wines offer everything from easy drinking to bold and classic tastes that can be enjoyed by anyone. These easy priced wines can be shared at a family gathering, a girls night in and even during the week when you want to unwind after a long day.
Have you ever had the chance to try any Spanish wines before?
- Red Varietal — Light: poultry or pork, salmon or trout, barbecue foods.
- Red Varietal — Full-Bodied: meats, grilled foods, memorable meals.
- Red Blend — Light: grilled foods, works both with meat & fish.
- Red Blend — Full-Bodied: grilled foods, spicy, flavored foods, slow‐cooked Daubes, Boeuf Bourguignon, lamb shoulder, game. Spices: thyme, tarragon, garlic, chives & fennel.
- White/Blanc/Gris: summer truffles, salad, barbecue, white fish with lemon, Al fresco dining.
- Rosé (Dry): versatile with food: salads, including raw tomatoes, vinaigrettes; fish: especially salmon, and seafood; light meats: paprika‐spiced chorizo; particularly good with spicy, Thai, Vietnamese & Chinese food.
- Fortified Garnacha/Grenache —- White: exotic salad, avocado with shrimp, pizzas with cream and 3 cheeses, blue cheese.
- Fortified Garnacha/Grenache — Fruity — Red: roasted black fruits with dark chocolate, blue cheese.
- Fortified Garnacha/Grenache —- Oxidized White, Amber: foie gras, tendorii, Beijing duck, tajines, goat cheese, dry and blue cheese, sesame ice cream, nougatine.
- Fortified Garnacha/Grenache — Oxidized — Red Tawny: rabbit terrine with onion marmalade, roasted figs, dried fruits, roasted or caramelized almonds/nuts.
- Rancio Garnacha/Grenache — Amber mainly: salty anchovies, morels, truffle, salty ham, dry cheese, dried fruits.