Happy New Year loves! I hope you all are having a wonderful start to twenty-fourteen. I am so happy to be back to blogging - refreshed + rejuvenated! Over the next few weeks, there are going to be some changes taking place (they are exciting ones, don't worry!), but I will be keeping you informed along the way! So be sure to stop by on the reg.
On another note, I know personally, I am not a huge fan of creating new year resolutions, only because they can create failure if you don't meet them or if they fall below your standards. I typically try to set goals to better myself personally, like this year, I want to learn to love myself unconditionally. I want to love all of my, the good + the bad. It will take some work, but I want to be the happiest I have ever been & in order to do that I have to learn to love myself.
Also, my darling friend
(whose blog is full of amazing prettiness & refreshing images to keep you inspired daily!) recently posted a list of
. I have actually had a blog page dedicated to creating a list of 101 in 1001 days since I started blogging 2.5 years ago, but never managed to get around to it (procrastinator at its best). So yesterday afternoon, while Tinsley was napping + N was still at work I decided it was time to make this list happen (since I'm not getting any younger!). & here ya half it. My 101 in 1001. Some of these things are easily doable & others with take a while to complete, but that's ok. I will update it regularly, so be sure to stop back by!
Come up with 101 Things
2. Rebrand my blog + design business
3. Be featured in a renown Magazine
4. Get engaged!
5. Get married!
6. Pass my boards.
7. Read through the entire Bible.
8. Create a gallery wall for a my office.
9. Attend New York Fashion Week
10. Complete Social Media Free weekends every weekend for a month
11. Get involved with a volunteer organization
12. Successfully complete the Contentment Challenge for 30 days (aka not buy a single item for myself)
13. Visit my BFF in California (before she moves)
14. Spend a weekend skiing/snowboarding in Tahoe
15. Travel to Europe
16. Create my own inspiration board in my office & update it regularly.
17. Be debt free (minus college/graduate loans)
18. Have a baby
19. Take a ballet or pure barre class
20. Purge my closet of clothes I don't need/wear anymore & donate/sell them
21. Find a Church to attend regularly
22. Spend New Year's Eve in NYC
23. Invest in blog business cards
24. Send 50 handwritten notes
25. Establish a Family Tradition
26. Create my own personal cookbook with our favorite recipes.
27. Acquire a new cookbook every year (3)
28. Watch all five “Best Picture” nominees before the Oscars.
29. Swim with sharks
30. Paint my nails a new color everyday for a week
31. Own a pair of Kate Spade shoes
32. Go technology free for a full day
33. Complete The Love Dare book
34. Spend an entire month of not eating at restaurants or fast food places.
35. Create personal artwork or prints for the blog + frame in my own home
36. Complete 5 DIY projects & share on the blog
37. Eat no cheese for a week
38. Run another Marathon & 1/2 marathon every year
39. Go on a girls trip one weekend each year
40. Memorize a new Bible verse each month
41. Host a Holiday party
42. Ride in a hot air balloon
43. Don't hit snooze any day for a month
44. Learn to love myself unconditionally
45. Don't say a negative word for an entire day.
46. Go to bed before 11 PM every day for a week
48. Join a bowling league with N
49. Play an entire 18 holes of golf with N
50. Don't complain for an entire day
51. Go to a comedy club with N
52. Pray for N daily
53. Go on a daughter-daddy trip with my Dad
54. Leave N love notes weekly (goal 52 weeks)
55. Go hunting with my Dad
56. Throw someone a surprise party
57. Celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas with N + I's parents together.
58. Read 20 new books
59. Get a big girl job.
60. Meet with a financial planner to start saving efficiently and paying off my loans
61. Go to the ballet
62. Travel to Austrialia
63. Go on a Medical Missions Trip
64. Go Wine Tasting
65. Join a Master's Swim Team
66. Make a T-shirt quilt with all my swimming shirts
67. Keep my car clean for an entire month
68. Have a spontaneous weekend away with N
69. Get a second dog
70. Visit 2 out of state blogging friends
71. Attend Making Things Happen Conference
72. Get a Mac desktop computer
73. Take an Illustrator Class online
74. Find the perfect pair of brown riding boots
75. No cussing for an entire week
76. Write a letter to myself to open on my 30th birthday
77. Invest in 10 beautiful coffee table books
78. Learn to bake from scratch
79. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner at my house
80. Take 1 bath per week
81. Send someone a care package
82. Surprise a friend with flowers
83. Don't drink any alcohol for a month
84. Pay for a stranger's meal/drink (or 100% tip over 50 dollars)
85. Invest in a new vehicle
86. Invest in a designer hand bag (Celine/LV/Prada)
87. Make dinner every night for a week
88. Go to the gym 3 days a week for an entire month
89. Plan my blog posts 2 weeks in advance
90. Re-organize the entire kitchen
91. See five classic films I have never seen before
92. Give up candy for atleast 6 months
93. Buy flowers every week for 1 month
94. Discover 10 new favorite restaurants
95. Develop a skin care routine
96. Make a list of 100 things I am grateful for
97. Go to pre-marital counseling with N
98. Plan surprise dates for N once a month for atleast 12 months
99. Visit 5 new cities
100. Write a letter to myself today that I will open in 1,001 days.
101. Inspire someone else to write their own list (let me know if you create your own!)